Moab, Utah - October 11-15, 2017
5 Days of Climbing, Yoga, AcroYoga, Slacklining, Thai Massage, And River Rafting
Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
We think of Moab desert as the ultimate adventure capital of the U.S. and we LOVE its breathtaking scenery. There are seemingly unlimited climbs, not to mention the bouldering opportunities.
I'd say what makes this adventure different from our other trips is:
- This is definitely a contender for the one with the widest range of activities. In addition to the usual climbing and yoga, we go rafting and we also bring in slacklining and a couple of AcroYoga lessons.
- It's also one of the best for those of you who are looking to connect with other awesome people because we all stay together, which gives us more time to get to know each other.
- Although all of our trips are great for new climbers, this is the best, and it also tends to attract the most newbies. We teach technical climbing skills along with movement skills in a fun, safe and encouraging environment to help you flow up the rock with ease. Note that experienced climbers do come too and will also have a blast.
- The tower is a once in a lifetime opportunity to climb a mega classic climb to the summit of an inspiring summit in the Moab desert. Even newbies will be more than ready to tackle the optional tower day after climbing just two half days with our amazing staff.
- This is the only trip where we get to go rafting! And on the magnificent Colorado river, no less.
- Of course, being in the continental U.S., it's also our most affordable trip.
We stay at Pack Creek Ranch. Cradled in the foothills of the La Sal Mountains, Pack Creek Ranch cabins are just south of Moab and are spread out over 15 acres of land, most of it pasture. This small hamlet is part of an historic 300 acre ranch favored by visitors, locals and guests alike for its moderate summertime temperatures, exceptional mountain and desert views and natural beauty.
The secluded location means you won't find network televisions or telephone land lines so you can relax and escape daily pressures. However, high-speed internet and some television options are available.
Not surprisingly, Pack Creek Ranch has been a favorite Moab area retreat for such notables as Edward Abbey, Terry Tempest Williams, Wendell Berry, Amy Irvine, Robert Fulghum, Wallace Stegner and Katie Lee. Actors Robert Duvall, John Wayne, Susan Sarandon and most of the crew of the movie Thelma and Louise made their base at the Ranch. Physicist Stephen Hawking and other scientists have also enjoyed the unique and serene environment.
Constructed in 2012, and situated in the Ranch's apple orchard, the Orchard House cabin provides incredible views from inside and out towards both the La Sal mountains and down the canyon to the red rocks around Moab. There's a large open kitchen with island and breakfast bar, a dining area, and a cozy living room with wood burning stove. Upstairs, the loft provides a great hang out with a comfortable sitting area and access to TV with Netflix/Blue Ray and the spectacular views down the canyon. A spacious balcony provides wide open views to the La Sal mountains. There's also a swimming pool, hot tub, and WiFi.
This retreat is run in partnership with Windgate Adventures. Our guides are Heidi Wirtz and the amazing EPR staff.
What It Includes
- 4 nights accommodations
- Daily Yoga
- Instruction on giving and receiving Thai massage
- 2 Half Days of Guided Rock Climbing
- Climbing Gear
- Welcome dinner
- Rafting Trip
- Transportation to Moab or to the retreat location
- Meals beyond welcome dinner (many great restaurants nearby, plus we have a kitchen where you can cook)
- Tips for Guides
Optional Tower Day
This is a full day and includes all gear and guided experience up iconic Ancient Art tower.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to use your new and improved climbing skills to reach a spectacular summit.
At Fisher Towers, an ancient seabed layer has been worn away to make some of the most intricate formations in the Moab area.
Ancient Art sits near the base of the large towers, which loft 900′ above. Still, rising almost 350′ from its base to the corkscrew shaped summit, Ancient Art is one of the most gravity-defying summits in the area.
Route: Stolen Chimney (II 5.8 A0 or 5.10) 4 pitches
Notes From Past Adventurers
“I was looking for an experience like no other. One that would challenge me, inspire me, and leave me smiling wanting more. I found it!!! I spent a week with these ladies becoming one with nature and pushing limits of all kinds! I was inspired each day! I learned something new each day! Challenges and laughter were shared each day! AND each night as I drifted off to sleep, I smiled while wondering what the next day would bring! I was never disappointed!!! Exciting, inspiring, and fantastically fun!!! Loved it so much, I’m joining this tribe again for Cuba in 2018!" Cory Foard
"EPR is a great combination of the magic nature has to offer us and the right guides to see the show! The beauty of Moab is almost indescribable- definitely better experienced :)" Tamar Melen
“My experience with Earth Play Retreats was everything I expected, and much more! Heidi's professional, yet relaxed, demeanor helped me accomplish far more than I thought possible in just a few short days. She encouraged me to keep going when I thought I couldn't climb any higher, and helped me gain the confidence to climb my first multi-pitch route. Thanks to this retreat, I've found a love of climbing. I can't wait to attend another one of these events!” Kristy Mitchell
This retreat is limited to 12 participants and spaces fill up quick, so book your spot today!
Our refund policy is:
- 90 days notice: Full refund minus deposit
- 60 days notice: 75% refund
- 30 days notice: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days notice: No refund
Questions? Email email@example.com.