Aguada, Puerto Rico - December 6-11, 2017
6 Days of Climbing, Yoga, AcroYoga, Slacklining, Thai Massage, And Surfing
Skill level: All
This retreat is all about taking the concept of adventure and play to a whole new level in a tropical paradise.
I'd say what makes this adventure different from our other trips is:
- Along with our Moab adventure, this is another contender for the trip with the widest range of activities. In addition to the usual climbing and yoga, we go surfing (lessons included) and we also bring in slacklining on the beach and over the water, and we do a couple of AcroYoga lessons.
- Also like Moab, this trip is also one of the best for those of you who are looking to connect with other awesome people, because we all stay together, which gives us more time to get to know each other.
- This adventure is great for any skill level, from beginners to advanced climbers.
- It's one of our most interesting trips in terms of the culture. There's a really fun atmosphere in Puerto Rico and we seem to spend a lot of time playing here. And yet we also fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean out our windows, not to mention the frogs that chirp throughout the night.
We stay at Gratefoul Souls Hostel in Aguada, Puerto Rico, a 10 min drive from the Aguadilla Airport BQN (or about 2.5 hours from the San Juan Airport). Puerto Rico is part of the USA and you DO NOT NEED a passport to get in! It is a 3.5 hr flight from NYC.
This is a sweet beachfront home that's owned by the raddest chick ever. Musician, painter, surfer, marine biologist, a world traveler who can cook and give great hugs. She wants you to have the best vacation ever cuz you know what, it feels good making other people feel good.
Want to wake up at sunrise, surf your face off, shower then walk down the street to catch live music at the bars and dance your booty off? Do you like BBQ’s? Hammocks? Three legged dogs? Waves? Good peeps, good vibes and Sunshine? We got that.
We have 4 private rooms available. These rooms go fast, so BOOK EARLY!
What It Includes
- 5 nights accommodations
- Yoga and 2 AcroYoga classes
- Instruction on giving and receiving Thai massage
- 3 Full Days of Guided Rock Climbing
- 2 Half Day Surfing Lessons
- Welcome dinner
- Transportation to Puerto Rico or to the retreat location
- Climbing Gear (although you can pay extra for gear)
- Meals (many great restaurants nearby, plus we have a kitchen where you can cook)
- Additional activities, but we can help you book them. Please let us know ahead of time if you would like to book: Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Horseback Riding, More Rock Climbing,
***An optional extra day of guided climbing is available for an additional cost for those who are interested in staying through Monday evening.
Our Guides On This Trip
Adi has been a life long student of practicing yoga off the mat in all shapes and forms, especially outdoors. Her passion for movement and the environment have taken her on countless adventures around the world and she currently travels and teaches as part of the YogaSlackers & co-ordinates the Redefining Balance retreats.
Professional Climber for The North Face, Climbing Guide for over 15 years and Yoga teacher for over 15 years. I work with people to get them back into the flow state and help them realize that this is a natural state of our being. We will work on the mat and on the wall to help us grow and develop.
Notes From Past Adventurers
"Unlike any other international trip I've been on! What a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in all types of play. Puerto Rico was absolutely soul recharging, I'd love to do it all over again!" Becca Roseberry
“Earth play retreats is a blast! It’s a great way to travel, and play with people who have similar interests. As a climber of 26+ years, finding a climbing/ travel partners isn’t always the easiest to find. Earth play has been awesome for that. I get to travel and climb with out the worries of finding someone to travel with.” Michelle Hale
“Earth Play was everything I could have wished for. Wake up to yoga and surfing in paradise, crushing gorgeous limestone coral formations in the jungle, and slacklining over the waves with a breathtaking ocean sunset, all accompanied by like-minded awesome people and culture.” Isacc Jessen
This retreat is limited to 12 participants and spaces fill up quickly, so book your spot today!
Our refund policy is:
- 90 days notice: Full refund minus deposit
- 60 days notice: 75% refund
- 30 days notice: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days notice: No refund
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.