Indian Creek Women's Crack Climbing Retreat! April 22-25th, 2023- with Optional Tower Day April 26 or 27th
4 Days of Climbing, Life Coaching, Yoga, Thai Massage & Life Coaching
Skill level: Intermediate - Advanced
This is an all female trip to Indian Creek, Utah. It will be lead by professional female climbing athletes that are also are highly trained AMGA Guides, thus giving you the best instruction possible. This trip is for women who already have a climbing backgournd and would like to work on their technical climbing skills to become more efficient and fluid in crack climbing technique. We will be camping in Indian Creek near the climbing areas which will maximize our time together and get us climbing more. The two full days of climbing will be on the amazing cracks of Indian Creek, where we will delve fully into crack technique, efficiency and fluidity. We can also go over leading skills and technique if the interest is there for individuals.
Skill Level: Intermediate - Advanced
This climbing experience is run through Windgate Adventures
About this trip:
- This is a trip focused on bringing amazing women together in a supportive, safe, expansive and educational environment.
- This is a great trip for those looking to connect with other awesome like minded women.
- We have a life coach, Marta Czaijowska , joining us to help us connect deeper with ourselves and the natural world.
- This trip is designed specifically for women wanting to improve their climbing skills and especially to work on crack climbing techniques.
- This trip is appropriate for women that have never climbed cracks but have good base fitness. The creek is physical climbing. We recommend you can top rope 5.9-5.10 in the gym.
- The trip will be lead by professional female athlete's and one AMGA certified rock guides at a 4:1 ratio maximum.
- You will get lots of individual attention. This will be a small group of ladies with a max size of the group being 10 participants.
- There will be instruction on proper warm up before climbnig, breathing and crack climbing specific skills and techniques will be coverd.
- If you are interested in leading we can work through a progression with you. It is not guarnteed that you will be allowed to lead during the retreat. However, if you would like to schedule an additional day after the retraet we can get you on the sharp end depending on your proficency.
- We will have daily debriefings on our days, lessons learned and outcomes.
- We will be camping at Needles Outpost where we will have access to full service restrooms with running water and coin operated showers. There is also a small general store on property.
- There will be yoga offered on 2 of the four days.
- The first evening will include: meet and greet, a light Thai massage class on giving and receiving and an overview of our time together .
- The last day together we will have a closing ceremony and debriefing.
- There is an optional tower day. The tower is a once in a lifetime opportunity to climb a mega classic climb to the summit of an inspiring summit in the Moab desert. You will need to stay one extra day to make this happen.
We will be staying out in Indian Creek surrounded by beautiful desert landscapes. Our home base will be the Needles Outpost campground. Located just a short drive from all of the world class crack climbs that Indian Creek has to offer. We will be staying in our individual tents, vans or campers with access to bathrooms with running water and coin operated showers. There is also a small general store on property in case you forgot anything or need a cold drink or ice cream at the end of our days.
Canyonlands Needles Outpost that operates completely off-grid with a campground right outside the entrance of the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park, only 1.5 miles from the parks’ visitors center. Needles Outpost combines the fun of rustic camping spots with a few modern conveniences. The Needles Outpost can accommodate both RVs and tents and tepees.
Services include gasoline, propane, RV dumping, a well-stocked general store with ice, treats, drinks, and a private safe campground and bathhouse with flush toilets and showers. The store and bathhouse both run off of solar power. All water is purchased and hauled in 1,000 gallons at a time. When staying with us, please help us conserve power and water.
The Needles Outpost campground features a beautiful unique landscape and is right next to the park. Visitors staying with us fall asleep to warm desert sounds and wake up to a symphony of natural morning light shining on the Needles of Canyonlands National Park.
What It Includes
- 3 nights camping
- 2 Yoga Classes
- 2 full Days of Guided Rock Climbing and Instruction
- 2 Group Experiential Life Coaching workshops
- Logistics and intros zoom meeting before the trip
- 1 Pre trip private life coaching session. This will take place before the trip via zoom.
- Transportation to Moab or to the retreat location
- Tips for Guides
Optional Tower Day
This is a full day and includes all gear and guided experience up iconic Ancient Art tower or Looking Glass Rock (depending on skill level).
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to use your new and improved climbing skills to reach a spectacular summit.
At Fisher Towers, an ancient seabed layer has been worn away to make some of the most intricate formations in the Moab area.
Ancient Art sits near the base of the large towers, which loft 900′ above. Still, rising almost 350′ from its base to the corkscrew shaped summit, Ancient Art is one of the most gravity-defying summits in the area.
Route: Stolen Chimney (II 5.8 A0 or 5.10) 4 pitches
Desert towers were made famous when Castleton Tower was published in the 50 Classic Climbs (1979). This tower is one of the most scenic and iconic monoliths in the world. Standing atop a 1,000' talus cone, Castle Rock, as the locals refer it, rises 400' to its true summit 6,657' above sea level.
Route: Kor-Ingalls (5.9) - 4 pitches [First ascent 1961)
North Chimney (5.9) - 3 pitches
- Arrival by 2 pm
- Check in and get settled
- Get to know the group intros, overview of retreat.
- Setting goals and intentions with our life coach Marta
- Shake off the travel with Thai massage
- Dinner on your own or as a group
- Breakfast on your own
- Warm up and meditation
- Rock climbing: all things crack technique
- Days debrief and processing. Goals and intentions.
- Sunset Yoga
- Dinner on your own or as a group
- Breakfast on your own
- Warm up and meditation
- More crack work: fingers, hands, fists, off sizes and more!!
- Closing days debrief and processing
- Restorative Yoga
- Experiential Life coaching
- Closing Ceremony
- Departures for those not joining for the tower day. Late evening departures are best!
Our Guides On This Trip
Heidi is an accomplished climber in all realms of the sport. She has been guiding for over 20 years and is an AMGA Certified Rock Guide and professional climber. Along with her passion for climbing she has taught yoga for climbers for over a decade. She works with people to get them back into the flow state and help them realize that this is a natural state of our being. We will work on the mat and on the wall to help us grow and develop.
Marta is a Positive Intelligence Mental Fitness Coach and Creative Mind Coach. She also has 20+ years of climbing guiding experience including Navy Special Warfare Teams. She is a mental climbing coach and teaches in three languages.
Notes From Past Adventurers
“I was looking for an experience like no other. One that would challenge me, inspire me, and leave me smiling wanting more. I found it!!! I spent a week with these ladies becoming one with nature and pushing limits of all kinds! I was inspired each day! I learned something new each day! Challenges and laughter were shared each day! AND each night as I drifted off to sleep, I smiled while wondering what the next day would bring! I was never disappointed!!! Exciting, inspiring, and fantastically fun!!! Loved it so much, I’m joining this tribe again for Cuba in 2018!" Cory Foard
"EPR is a great combination of the magic nature has to offer us and the right guides to see the show! The beauty of Moab is almost indescribable- definitely better experienced :)" Tamar Melen
“My experience with Earth Play Retreats was everything I expected, and much more! Heidi's professional, yet relaxed, demeanor helped me accomplish far more than I thought possible in just a few short days. She encouraged me to keep going when I thought I couldn't climb any higher, and helped me gain the confidence to climb my first multi-pitch route. Thanks to this retreat, I've found a love of climbing. I can't wait to attend another one of these events!” Kristy Mitchell
This retreat is limited to 10 participants and spaces fill up quick, so book your spot today!
Our refund policy is:
- 90 days notice: Full refund minus deposit
- 60 days notice: 70% refund
- 30 days notice: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days notice: No refund
We highly recommend that you obtain travel insurance for your trip. this will ensure that if anything unexpected should arise you will be fully reimbursed. Click HERE for a quote
Questions? Email email@example.com.