Kalymnos, Greece - October 1-7, 2018
6 Days of Climbing, Yoga, Meditation, Thai Massage, And Culture
Kalymnos is a world-class sport climbing destination. It's a magical, beautiful place.
I'd say what makes this adventure different from our other trips is:
- For the more experienced climbers, we bring 2 AMGA climbing guides who can push your climbing and help you to reach your climbing goals. We will work individually with people to help improve movement and proficiency in climbing. We guarantee that you will climb at least a grade higher by the completion of our week together on the rocks.
- That said, this is a great trip for new climbers, too. Both Dale and Heidi have taught hundreds of people the art of rock climbing. This is the perfect chance to learn to climb in a safe and friendly environment with amazing instructors.
- It's a little more relaxing and mellow than our other trips. There's just something about the beauty of the place and the fact that we all have our own accommodations that seems to cause us to take things a little easier in our down time.
- It's perhaps the best trip for couples - very romantic.
- Food is included in your fee, so you don't have to think about it, and it's excellent, local food.
We stay at Harry's Paradise. Our house is located on the northern part of Kalymnos at a tranquil village called "Emporios" (pronounced "Em-bo-rios"). It is a lovely and picturesque small village with little houses and narrow alleyways. A few accommodations are available in Emporios as well as some cafes, tavernas and nice beaches located within walking distance from the village.
The chapel of the village has a beautiful whitewashed bell-tower with a blue dome. Emporios is the beginning as well as the destination of some of the most beautiful walking paths on the island! It is in walking/biking distance from many big and interesting rock-climbing sectors and hosts 3 of the most challenging ones: 'Styx', 'Francois Guillot' and 'Kastri'.
Emporios is also an interesting sailing destination, offering shelter to a significant number of sailing boats every year. Most of these sailors tend to return again and again, which is indicative of the quality of the place. The people of Emporios are genuine, open-handed, warm-hearted people who will try to make your stay unforgettable. No wonder why some people who come here consider us a piece of heaven here on earth!
Remote beaches, turquoise waters, limestone all around, fresh produce…this island is a paradise. If you like Greek food, you are going to love this trip! This retreat will feature seasonal local produce amazingly prepared in the Greek fashion by our lovely hostess. They even make their own olive oil and cure their own olives (of course). If you are interested in a cooking class, that can also be arranged for a very reasonable rate.
What It Includes
- Shared double room for 6 nights
- 6 Breakfast and 4 Dinners
- 6 Morning Yoga Classes
- 6 Morning guided Meditation Sessions
- 2 Massage Classes
- Daily Climbing Outings - this is not a guided climbing outing. We will tour you to the best crags that Kalymnos has to offer and be incorporating mindful movement and breath work into our climbing days.
- Motor Bike to get around the island or bicycle - there will also be plenty of time to explore the island by motorbike or bicycle. There are lots of adventurous activities to partake in on this island.
- Transportation to Kalymnos or to the retreat location
- 2 nights meals are on your own so you can check out the local restaurants. Typically quite affordable.
- Additional activities, but we can help you book them. Please let us know ahead of time if you would like to book: Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Horseback Riding or Guided Rock Climbing
Our Guides On This Trip
Dale is an internationally licensed Mountain Guide (IFMGA) and Technical Director of the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA). Never one to focus on a single aspect of climbing, Dale is an accomplished all-around climber with high-end skills that cover all disciplines of climbing including; sport, trad, mixed, ice and alpine.
Professional Climber for The North Face, Climbing Guide for over 15 years and Yoga teacher for over 15 years. I work with people to get them back into the flow state and help them realize that this is a natural state of our being. We will work on the mat and on the wall to help us grow and develop.
This retreat is limited to 12 participants and spaces fill up quick, so book your spot today! Prices are more for a private room (please contact us for details).
Our refund policy is:
- 90 days notice: Full refund minus deposit
- 60 days notice: 75% refund
- 30 days notice: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days notice: No refund
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.