Cuba ~ January 27th-Feb 3rd, 2024
7 Days of Climbing, Yoga and Culture with optional multi pitch day!
Skill Level: All levels
Join us for climbing, dancing, culture, yoga and Thai massage in beautiful Cuba!
Cuba is a sought-after destination for climbers from around the world with its amazing cultural experiences, warm weather in the winer and its amazing limestone. However it can be quite challenging to visit on your own.
What makes this adventure different from our other trips is:
- People choose this trip because they really want to visit Cuba and they know that we take care of all of the hard stuff - legal issues, customs issues, travel within the country, where to go and what to see, speaking Spanish and other logistical issues.
- This is our favorite trip in terms of culture. It's lively, colorful, and full of adventure. We stay with locals, eat local food, ride in old cars, walk through tobacco fields, and meet lots of people.
- Like all of our trips, this one is open to climbers of all skill levels, including beginners to experienced climbers as there are a lot of great routes of all levels.
- We offer group instruction and mini clinics throughout our days together on climbing technique and skills to increase your knowledge and make you a more proficient climber.
- We will help the local climbing community. A percentage of your trip cost will go directly to Bolts for Cuba, a local organization that raises funds for the the Cuban Climbing Community to purchase bolts, anchors, drills and additional hardware to maintain existing sport routes as well as develop new climbing areas all over Cuba. We encourage people to bring unused gear to donate as well as to contribute what they can to the above organization as well.
Cuba is a magical place, where time slows down and you can let go of worries and just relax into the present moment. Amazing cultural experiences, dancing, remote beaches, turquoise waters, limestone sport climbing…this is an adventure of a lifetime. We will be staying with locals in Casas particulares.
Havana: Immerse yourself in a city where art is bursting at the seams, the rhythms of salsa flow through the streets and the laughter and lively energy of the Cuban people is contagious. We will wander the coblestone streets, admire the well worn beauty of this old spanish city, dance, laugh, eat amazing food, stroll along the old sea wall, known as the malecon, curving itself around the city.
Vinales: Enjoy the relaxed energy of this small quaint country town surounded by limestone. We will wander each day through tobaco plantations, cute colorful homes, past horses, pigs and chickens as we stroll to the climbing. During our time in Vinales we will visit organic farms, salsa dance, experience the amazing limestone sport climbing and meet and interact with local climbers.
We will be eating local Cuban food on the healthier side. Expect big breakfasts with fresh fruit, smoothies, eggs, fresh baked bread, Cuban coffee and tea. Dinners will be customary Cuban; black beans, rice, plantains, fresh organic vegetable and salads, meats and cheeses. Cuba is 98% organic in its agriculture. If you have any dietary restrictions we can accommodate these easily if we know ahead of time.
What It Includes
- 6 nights accommodations in Casas particulares.
- 6 breakfasts
- 4 Dinners (this allows 2 nights out, one in Havana and one in Vinales)
- 4 Guided Yoga Classes
- 1 Thai Massage Class
- 2 x Dance Classes
- Tour of Havana
- Daily Climbing Outings while in Vinales. We will tour you to the best crags that Cuba has to offer.
- Transportation to our lodging from the Havana airport.
- Transportation from Havana to Vinales roundtrip.
- Transportation to Cuba.
- 2 nights meals are on your own so you can check out the local restaurants. Typically quite affordable.
- Lunches and snacks
- Additional Activities, but we can help you book them. Please let us know ahead of time.
- Optional Multi Pitch Day on January 2nd.
- Optional Beach Excursion
Our Guides On This Trip
Heidi is a professional climber for The North Face athlete team has been a climbing guide for over 20 years and yoga teacher for over 15 years. She was introduced to the out of doors at an early age, picking up skiing when she was only 2. She has been climbing both ice and rock for over 30 years and her knowledge shows in her teaching. Her love of sharing her passions comes out through her guiding and instruction, allowing those around her to be immersed into her knowledge of both sports and her ease at commingling with nature. Her energy, bright nature and passion is contagious and likely you may find yourself addicted to being out of doors as much as she is after spending time with her.
You can find Raquel (somewhere in the world) balancing the 'real work tasks' of managing YogaSlackers, playing, and sharing her passions with others by leading workshops, retreats, festival classes, and teacher trainings. Her classes are highly influenced by her travels, and her honest desire to connect with people through compassionate communication. She still employs her scientific background to solve complex problems, making no hurdle too large for her to cross. Raquel will patiently and enthusiastically guide you to the edge of your perceived limits… and beyond! She can't help but create an encouraging environment where learning and growing result through playful discovery
This retreat is limited to 10 participants and spaces fill up quickly, so book your spot today!
Registration is based on double occupancy.
Our refund policy is:
- 90 days notice: Full refund minus deposit + service fees
- 60 days notice: 50% refund
- Less than 60 days notice: No refund
We highly recommend that you obtain travel insurance for your trip. this will ensure that if anything unexpected should arise you will be fully reimbursed. Click HERE for a quote
Questions? Email email@example.com.