Cuba - January 25-31, 2018
7 Days of Climbing, Yoga, Meditation, Thai Massage, And Culture
Cuba's a sought-after destination for U.S. climbers these days because it's only recently that we've been allowed in. But Cuba’s a very challenging place to visit on your own.
I'd say what makes this adventure different from our other trips is:
- People choose this trip because they really want to visit Cuba and they know that we take care of all of the hard stuff - legal issues, customs issues, travel within the country, where to go and what to see, speaking Spanish and other logistical issues.
- This is our favorite trip in terms of culture. It's lively, colorful, and full of adventure. We stay with locals, eat local food, ride in old cars, walk through tobacco fields, and meet lots of people.
- Food is included in your fee, so you don't have to think about it, and it's excellent, local food.
- Like all of our trips, this one is open to climbers of all skill levels, including beginners, but if you're an experienced climber, this trip is especially one to consider because there are a lot of great routes. On top of that, we offer individual instruction on climbing technique and we will improve your reappoint grade by at least a letter on this trip. We have Dale Remsberg, an IFMGA guide, coming with us. He is the master of technical systems for climbing and will be giving workshops throughout our climbing days to help improve your knowledge and make you a more proficient climber.
Cuba is a magical place, where time slows down and you can let go of worries and just relax into the present moment. Amazing cultural experiences, dancing, remote beaches, turquoise waters, limestone sport climbing…this is an adventure of a lifetime. We will be staying with locals in Casas particulares.
Havana: Immerse yourself in a city where art is bursting at the seams, the rhythms of salsa flow through the streets and the laughter and lively energy of the Cuban people is contagious. We will wander the coblestone streets, admire the well worn beauty of this old spanish city, dance, laugh, eat amazing food, stroll along the old sea wall, known as the malecon, curving itself around the city.
Vinales: Enjoy the relaxed energy of this small quaint country town surounded by limestone. We will wander each day through tobaco plantations, cute colorful homes, past horses, pigs and chickens as we stroll to the climbing. During our time in Vinales we will visit remote beaches with turquoise waters and experience the amazing limestone sport climbing.
We will be eating local Cuban food on the healthier side. Expect big breakfasts with fresh fruit, smoothies, eggs, fresh baked bread, Cuban coffee and tea. Dinners will be customary Cuban; black beans, rice, plantains, fresh organic vegetable and salads, meats and cheeses. Cuba is 98% organic in its agriculture. If you have any dietary restrictions we can accommodate these easily if we know ahead of time.
What It Includes
- 6 nights accommodations in Casas particulares.
- 6 breakfasts
- 4 Dinners (this allows 2 nights out, one in Havana and one in Vinales)
- Daily yoga and meditation practice
- 1 massage class
- 6 Guided Yoga Classes
- 2 x Dance Classes
- One Dinner with live Cuban performance
- Beach Excursion
- Tour of Havana
- Daily Climbing Outings while in Vinales. We will tour you to the best crags that Cuba has to offer and be incorporating mindful movement and breath work into our climbing days.
- There will also be plenty of time to explore on your own
- Transportation to Cuba or to the retreat location
- 2 nights meals are on your own so you can check out the local restaurants. Typically quite affordable.
- Additional Activities, but we can help you book them. Please let us know ahead of time.
Our Guides On This Trip
Dale is an internationally licensed Mountain Guide (IFMGA) and Technical Director of the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA). Never one to focus on a single aspect of climbing, Dale is an accomplished all-around climber with high-end skills that cover all disciplines of climbing including; sport, trad, mixed, ice and alpine.
Anibal was born and raised in Havana and knows the city inside and out. He was one of the original developers of the Cuban climbing. He began the climbing movement and has established many of the climbing routes in Vinales. We will also be staying with his mother Esther in her beautiful Casas particulare.
Professional Climber for The North Face, Climbing Guide for over 15 years and Yoga teacher for over 15 years. I work with people to get them back into the flow state and help them realize that this is a natural state of our being. We will work on the mat and on the wall to help us grow and develop.
This retreat is limited to 8 participants and spaces fill up quick, so book your spot today!
Our refund policy is:
- 90 days notice: Full refund minus deposit
- 60 days notice: 75% refund
- 30 days notice: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days notice: No refund
Questions? Email email@example.com.